At Wayland Junior Academy we are committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education to all the children in our care. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs and disabilities, have an entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties.
Wayland Junior’s commitment to inclusion:
- We ensure that we continue to provide effectively for those with special needs and disabilities.
- We identify children’s needs at the earliest opportunity by involving and co-operating with parents / carers and other agencies.
- We provide a curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated with progression and continuity for all children. Attempting to remove ‘barriers to learning’.
- We give pupils with special needs and disabilities the encouragement and help to reach their potential.
- We help pupils with special needs and disabilities to raise and maintain their self-esteem and confidence and to gain a feeling of worth.
Our Special Education Needs Co-ordinator is Mrs Christina Girling and can be contacted on 01953 881387.
Our Specialist Resource Base Lead Teacher is Mrs Susan Adams and can be contacted via email at email@example.com .
|2019-2020 - Special Educational Needs Policy||306.69 KB|
|2019-2020 - Specialist Resource Base - Learning and Cognition||104.66 KB|
|2019-2020 - Academy SEN Register Protocol||112.89 KB|
|SEND Profile Autumn 2019 .pdf||114.82 KB|
|SEN Information Report Autumn 2019||349.23 KB|