24 February 2020 to 26 February 2020
CLOTHING AND KIT LIST
Children should be involved with the packing of their own bags so they know what they have brought with them! Children do not need to bring school uniform and should come dressed in warm clothes on the first day. We recommend that participants do not use new or expensive clothing. There is a very high chance that participants could get dirty or wet – or both!
We will hold lost property for two weeks after the visit. Please ensure all items are named to help with “repatriation”. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for visitor’s property and valuable items are therefore brought at your own risk.
- Comfortable, worn-in walking boots/shoes or sturdy trainers (not canvas Converse or similar style pumps)
- Long wellington boots (any time of year if it has rained)
- Slippers or other indoor footwear (compulsory inside)
- Waterproof coat with hood (and ideally waterproof trousers as well)
- Warm hat, gloves, scarf- all essential!!!
- Lightweight tops for layering – 2 or 3 – must cover shoulders (no strappy vest tops) and at least one must have a collar to cover back of neck
- Warm jumpers/tops – at least 3
- Trousers – 3 or 4 pairs (NOT jeans which are hard to move in and horrid when wet)
- Socks – at least 6 pairs (not “trainer” or “secret” socks which let sand in and cause blisters) plus at least one thick pair of socks for wellie boots
- Please note that groups going into the woods at any time of year will need to have long sleeves and trousers as well as long socks (long enough to tuck trousers into)
- Small back pack (for carrying lunch) – MUST have two thick straps - essential to be a back pack, not a carrier bag.
- Water bottle
- Torch (if possible for Twilight Walk)
- Pocket money- £5 max. There is a small shop onsite.
- Bin bag for wet/dirty clothes
- Packed lunch (for first day only)
Please do not bring any aerosols as they are not permitted in the centre at any time. (They set off our very sensitive fire alarms!)
THE ABOVE SHOULD BE PACKED IN A MEDIUM SIZED CASE/BAG THAT YOUR CHILD IS ABLE TO CARRY COMFORTABLY FOR A SHORT DISTANCE UP A FLIGHT OF STAIRS ON ARRIVAL WITH US. IT MUST ALSO BE ABLE TO FIT UNDERNEATH A NORMAL BED.
LARGE SUITCASES THAT CANNOT FIT UNDER A NORMAL BED ARE AN OBSTRUCTION HAZARD IN THE EVENT OF EVACUATION DURING A FIRE ALARM.