At Wayland Junior Academy we are committed to providing an appropriate and high quality education to all the children in our care. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs and disabilities have an entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of school life. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties.
Wayland Junior’s commitment to inclusion:
- We ensure that we continue to provide effectively for those with special needs and disabilities.
- We identify children’s needs at the earliest opportunity by involving and co-operating with parents / carers and other agencies.
- We provide a curriculum which is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated with progression and continuity for all children. Attempting to remove ‘barriers to learning’.
- We give pupils with special needs and disabilities the encouragement and help to reach their potential.
- We help pupils with special needs and disabilities to raise and maintain their self-esteem and confidence and to gain a feeling of worth.
Wayland Junior Academy's Special Education Needs Co-ordinator is Miss C Racher and can be contacted on 01953 881387.
|Download accessibility plan||16.2 KB|
|Download SEN information||116.57 KB|
|Download SEND profile||38 KB|
|Download Cluster SEND Policy||243.84 KB|
|Download Inclusion Policy||14.38 KB|
|Download SEND report to Governor's||16.77 KB|
|WJAW Medical Needs Policy 2016||124.21 KB|
|Special Educational Needs Policy||65.67 KB|
|SEND Information Report 2016-2017||120.66 KB|
|Basic and Intimate Care Policy||794.65 KB|
|SEN Information Report 2016/2017||120.95 KB|
|Wayland SRB||50.97 KB|
|WJAW Inclusion Policy||53.85 KB|